Saturday, August 2, 2008

Night with friends

We had some friends over tonight. It was nice. 2 of our kids are the same age and place great together. We had a good time. It was relaxing to sit and fellowship. We had a simple supper of hamburgers which my DH cooked and they were wonderful. Then we sent the kids to the playroom and the adults played cards. They brought a card game we've never played. It was odd at first but the longer we played the better it was. I can't remember the name though. Anyways. I love get together like that. The best thing, no TV was involved! My parents used to play cards with a few other couples when I was growing up. For a long time I knew what we would be doing almost every Fri and Sat night. The women played Rook and the men went out and did something or just talked and the kids played or swam. I always loved doing that. I hope we can continue to have get togethers like this so my child has something to look forward to.

1 comment:

Melody said...

It was called Quiddler. Strange name, huh? I don't remember what it means at the moment but it fits the game.
Glad you guys enjoyed your evening - I sure did!
Now to get off here and finish my stuff for tomorrow.......