We made the most of Saturday. We cooked a big breakfast then headed out to the local park and did some geocaching. We had lots of fun and provided a free lunch for lots of mosquitoes. The rest of the day we just hung out and enjoyed our time together. All of the kids enjoyed themselves. They left yesterday afternoon to head back home. That always makes me sad because I wish they could stay longer. Even though it was just for a short weekend, I enjoyed the time we got to spend together.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6
Monday, August 18, 2008
True friendship is....
....when you're best friend packs up her hubby and 2 of their 3 kids to drive 6 hours to spend a day and a half with you for no special reason. I love my friend! She is the best. I know I don't tell her that often enough. We met 13 1/2 years ago at college. Life has never been the same since lol! We spent about 2 years in college together then she moved back to her hometown. I transferred to nursing school back in my hometown, which at the time was about 8 hours away. (I'm so thankful that they have built new roads to shorten the drive). I think our friendship developed and strengthened more being away from each other than when we were together. Regardless, we have been there in some way shape or form for all major life events. I can't say that about some of my "best" high school buddies. Usually me and my hubby and daughter go visit her family once or twice a year. Their place is so much more exciting than here so we are always willing to go visit them. It's been a few years since they have been able to come here. We were talking the other week when I called for help trying to find a geocache. I told her they could come down the following weekend and we could go caching together. Well the planets and stars aligned and they head over Friday night. I rushed home from work and DH and DD and I spent hours cleaning the house and getting their beds ready (a futon and an air mattress). We finished as they pulled in the driveway around 10pm. It just brightens my heart to see them since we don't get to see each other often. We stayed up till about midnight watching the Olympics then we headed to bed. I was so excited they were here, I barely slept any that night lol!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment