Well it's true. We built the retaining wall for the flowerbed and a few weeks later this plant popped up. I didn't pull it up because I wanted to see what it would be. When the 3rd leaf appeared and I saw it was a watermelon, I left it. I figured we might get a good juicy watermelon out of it. The root is at the center of the walkway close to the steps and its right at the edge. I have done nothing special to the plant either. No miracle grow, heck I don't even water it. We did fill the bed with compost after we made it but had no clue the seed was there. I figure it was planted last summer/fall by someone who dropped a seed from their watermelon at lunch. As you can see it has almost completely filled the flowerbed. It actually has 5 watermelons on it. I'm not sure if they will ripen since it's so late in the season. I hope they do though! I guess God just didn't want my flowerbed to be empty and He knew we didn't have the funds to build it and fill it with flowers this year. Isn't that amazing?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment