Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas

Well today was definitely different. For as long as I can remember my family has always celebrated Christmas on Christmas eve. So we all got together last night. Only one word comes to mind: weird. It just wasn't the same without mama there. My baby broke my heart yesterday afternoon. I was explaining to her that she would have 3 gifts, one from her aunt, uncle and grandparents. It took her no time to pipe up and say with tears about to break "But I won't get anything from maw maw". I told her maw maw did her shopping before she died and yes she would have something. Of course her tears weren't because she was afraid she wouldn't get a present, but because maw maw wasn't here. We had our get together last night and all headed home. We got up this morning and did our Christmas exchange. We didn't have anywhere to go really. We used to go to D's parents, but his mom died last year and long story short, we don't do that anymore. My sister and brother both have in laws houses to visit on Christmas so we don't have any family dinner for Christmas. Pretty much we just stayed home and lounged all day. I have a head cold and spent most of the day just watching TV and playing with our presents. I guess I need to go find us something to eat for supper. We had a nontraditional homemade pizza for our lunch today. It was good but I don't think I'll be putting that on the menu again for Christmas dinner lol. I hope that next year it will be easier at Christmas than it was this year.

No comments: