Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6
Sunday, December 7, 2008
December already?!?!?
Man is it December already? Time has flown by! Why is it when we were kids, time seemed to stop after Thanksgiving? Now that I'm an adult, it goes by at warp speed! I guess it's because there are even more things to do than the rest of the year. This past week and this coming week have been/will be especially busy for us. Last week we had 3 doctors appointments 3 days in a row(1 for each member of the family). One of which last 1hour and 45 mins, 20 mins of which we actually saw the doctor. That could be another post entirely. This weekend we decorated the house. This coming week I have to finish getting presents for school so I can get them ready for next week. I also have to find time to bake cookies with E since I've been promising we will. Plus I have been invited to a cookie exchange Friday for which I have to bake and take 4 dozen cookies. The hard part will be keeping them from getting eaten. Last of all my biggest chore is to get food and cook enough to feed roughly 40-50 people. During the month of December, we have groups of people in our dept at work who pick a day and provide lunch for those working that day. The rule is if you contribute to a meal, you get to eat the rest of the days. Out of the 30 days we do this I think we will eat at least 10 or 15 times. My group is doing spaghetti. It winds up being about $15 or $20pp in each group depending on what they bring. Sam's will be providing our ingredients and we even got a couple doctors to contribute so for $15 (there are 6 or 7 ppl in our group) we will be feeding everyone working Friday spaghetti with meat sauce, bread sticks, salad (w/tomatoes, bacon bits, croutons, cheese and ranch dressing) plus drinks. It's so cool. I really missed doing that when I left from there. I'll let you know how it turns out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, you got donations for the meal..that's always good. My women's group at our chruch was supposed to do a cookie swap, but we've found out that the senior ladies group had one planned too...and many of the ladies are in both groups, so I think we are not doing ours. That leaves me with trying to plan a meeting for December with some other activity. I was just saying to Mr. Snippity yesterday, how it seems there is hardly any time left before Christmas this year.
Post a Comment