Saturday, June 13, 2009

Play Room Organization

I'm ashamed to show this picture but you won't appreciate the after if you don't see the before. Our play room has been a mess for a long time and I just kept ignoring it. I guess I was hoping it would go away. Well that didn't happen. So here is what it looked like this morning before I started cleaning and organizing:


So I finally had all I could take. Target had the fabric cubes on sale so I went and got 4 more. I've been wanting to make label holders for the ones I had but just haven't gotten around to it. I went to Mary Jo's and got some vinyl and visited Hobby Lobby for ribbon. It was on sale there and Mary Jo's didn't have any I liked. I spent $5 for the materials to fix the label pockets. I had to experiment with the first couple to get it right. Finally I decided to use the hot glue gun since it was much quicker. Basically I cut the vinyl to the right size ( I wanted to use a 4x6 card for the label) size and glued it onto the cube. Then I glued the ribbon around the edges of vinyl.

Of course the most daunting task was cleaning the room. Emi and I started sorting into piles. I finally sent her out and I began to throw old worn stuff away. Then I started sorting into the 8 cubes. Slowly it came together and several hours later this is what the room looks like now:




Hopefully the labels will help Emi keep it clean and organized! Especially now that she can read, there should be no excuse for her not knowing exactly where everything goes!




No comments: