Monday, February 23, 2009

Sewing projects

Well as I said in my previous post I have been working on some sewing projects. This weekend I finally finished 2 I had been working on or planning to work on. The first was an apron for my baby. It was a simple pattern I downloaded online. It was so simple to make. I made hers reversible by putting Velcro on both sides instead of just one. I even made one for one of her friends since I had enough material. I think in total I have maybe $5-7 in them. That's actually probably a high estimate. The material was on sale at Hobby Lobby. I already had elastic and I did have to buy Velcro, but it was a multi-use pack. Plus I can toss it in the washer. I think it turned out pretty good myself.


The next project was to help my sister make dance outfits for my niece and a friend. I started on these a few weeks ago. Those projects are always works in progress. We finally got them finished this weekend. Even though there are 2 I only have a picture of one. The lighting is different in the pics so you can better see the color. My camera has not done it justice though. It's a pretty shade of purple. The matching outfit is bright pink. My sister made one and I the other. Then I fitted them and put the fur on. My sister and the other girls mom did the studding with rhinestones. These are outfits they will use for competition.......and they were much more than $5 a piece lol.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heather,
Glad to hear your feeling better. The aprons are so cute-I would love to get one for my litte Ellie-so let me know if your going to sell some.