Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6
Saturday, September 6, 2008
New furniture
I"m so excited!! With the economy going down the drain, stores are having great deals on expensive items. Last weekend being Labor Day, the sales got even better. Our furniture is still in good shape, but it's what my hubby had bought years before we were married. In other words, it's not what I would have picked out. It's over 10 years old but doesn't look it. Most of the furniture stores around our areas were having great sales for Labor Day. We decided to go look and if we found something, great! If not it wouldn't be a big deal. We made our way to the Lazy Boy Gallery. Now the only dilemma of course was we disagreed on what to get. We have a reclining couch and rocker now. I don't care too much about the recliners because most of them are poofy on top. I want the more traditional look. Hubby didn't. He wanted recliners. So we went out in search for traditional looking furniture that reclined. I expected a long search. In total we went to 3 stores. We found our compromise at Lazy Boy. We settled on a sectional that is more traditional looking but we have 3 recliners on it. Plus we got a rocker/recliner and 2 new tables. The rocker is leather, but we had the sectional covered in a fabric that looks and feels like leather. It's beautiful!! (as a child, I never thought I would be excited about furniture lol) Now I'm sure most of you are thinking new furniture with a 5 y/o, are you crazy?!?!? Well they had "insurance" in the form of a lifetime guarantee and a stain guard they would put on the fabric(for an extra charge of course). But with a 5 y/o it's worth the money. It was a reasonable cost. It prevents any stains by beading up any liquid that is spilled on it and the lifetime guarantee is for rips and tears. If it ever gets a stain we can't wipe off, or a tear or burn or anything, it will be replaced for FREE for LIFE! Isn't that great. I only have 5-7 more weeks to wait for it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Cool...new furniture. I clicked on the link, and it took me to one that looks almost the same color as what you have now. Are you keeping close to the same?
no we aren't keeping the same colors. I tried to link it to the page with the fabric swatch for the couch, but it didn't work. And for some reason they only had one color online for the r/r. It will be a deep chocolate brown. The sectional is a medium tan with specks of dark brown to look like leather hide.
Post a Comment