Thursday, September 25, 2008

Free groceries?

Wouldn't that be nice? Especially with inflation the way it is. Yesterday evening a family got that. Well I should say I assume they got them free because I don't want to accuse anyone of anything. Being the lazy mother that I tend to be when I'm busy, I had no plans for supper last night. We decided on a frozen pizza(only b/c it was late and I didn't have the stuff to make our own), so we head off to the store. We get our pizza and a few other unplanned items. You know how that goes right? We pay and walk out the door $25 poorer and 4 or 5 items. We get in the car to go and I happened to look over at the store to see a man run out of the store to a car off the side of the store. I didn't think much of it until I saw him push the hand basket of groceries in the car. My child said something and I turned around to see what she wanted. Then I saw the car drive by. Really not even speeding. It took a few minutes for my mind to process what had happened. I looked at my husband and told him " I think they just stole groceries". It saddened me really. From outward appearances, it appeared that it was a poor family who didn't have the money to feed the child in the backseat. But whats even more sad is nowadays you can't assume that's the case.
I guess there's really no point to this post. Just to make me more thankful for what I have. And I'm thankful that I have family and friends I know I could always go to if I needed money to buy food for my child.

No comments: