Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Home Grown Veggies

There's nothing like the taste of home grown veggies. We are getting the first of our crop coming in now. I didn't get a chance to plant a garden at my house since we were busy getting moved in and settled. So our garden is at my dad's again this year. We didn't get it planted very early, so everything is taking a little longer to come up. I took Em and my nieces swimming at mom and dad's today. We had a blast. I love being in the pool and the weather was so nice. It's great that it has cooled off some. My mom even came out to the pool, which is a big feat in and of itself. While we were there dad took Em to the garden and they picked some crookneck yellow squash and come cucumbers and spring onions. He had picked corn earlier and we brought home 2 ears of corn, cucumbers and squash. I cooked the corn and fried the squash for supper and man oh man was it good!! Fried wasn't the best way but it sure tasted good. Now I can't wait for the tomatoes to start growing. It's been a long time since I've had fried green tomatoes!

No comments: